Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Elevate!

I'm starting to go public with my addiction. I have heard this is the only way to cope with the madness. I am Kate. And I am addicted to party planning. I love every inch of it. I like baking cakes. I can whip up my magical buttercream in under 4 minutes now. Cupcake bites are like second nature to me and can be done in a zen trance. I am a wicked fast pom maker. I can scour the aisle of craft stores and come up with fresh and whimsical designs for pennies on the dollar. I can itemize, dictate, counsel and assist with primping all at once.


It all started when I would help put together weddings at Naz Chapel during college. I loved the grateful expressions from the bride or her family when you told them everything was under control. I loved lighting the candles and placing each bow and ribbon just so. I found myself in cahoots with florists, caterers, maintenance staff and well-dressed bridal parties all in one day. 


On the other end of the spectrum, working as CEO of Lily and Finn Industries, it became more of a need to create magic for my children. I want their birthdays to be so concrete in their memory banks that they're never forgotten. It is so special to experience the happiness that a gathering of loved one seems to organically generate. It is a calling for me that some might deem frivolous. But, for me, it is the memorable moments we create in celebrations that mark our best days.


So, I named my endeavor Elevated Events and brought it forth unto the mighty internet. Check it out if you want to see some of my stuff. Hoping all is well with everyone. I promise the next blog will be about the kiddos. ;)


katekidwell.wix.com/elevate

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs