Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Many Hats of Lily Kidwell

Since I have last blogged we have decided that it would be ok to tell Lily about the baby. It has been a constant barrage of cuteness and hilarity since we had that talk. She has already come up with several (unusable) names for the baby. Tillie, Hella, Pummel, Tennie, Poya, Poonie to name a few of the gems we have heard more than once. Lily insists on talking to the baby in my tummy. She presses her mouth into my gut and talks into my chub. It's hilarious because she asks where the baby's ears are to make sure she can hear her. I used a feminine pronoun because Lily has requested a sister. Tonight Lily looked at me with a very concerned face and said,
"I forgot to talk to the baby today!"

So we pulled up my shirt. She inserted her face into my belly and said,
"Hiiiii, Baby. You're so cute. Bein' so kindful to Mommy in her tummy."

Earlier this week we were spending some time at Mark's parents' house. Mark's dad slipped on the deck and had a nasty fall. Mark's brother Michael and I were sitting in the living room so we didn't know that this had happened. Mark had called from the deck to Lily at the door to go get Uncle Mike. Lily comes running into the room and tells us, "Uncle Mike! I need you! I've got a big problem!"

Mike and Mark get their dad in the house and settled into his chair. He had hurt his arm pretty badly. I was looking around in the meantime to see where Lily had gone. She comes into the living room lugging her doctor kit and proceeds to set up shop at Papa's chair. She climbed up in his lap and took his temperature. She checked his eyes and nose. She delicately smashed his shins to check his reflexes. She deemed him to be hurt and gave him a shot, a bandaid and a cast. She then diagnosed him to bedrest. The tiny three year old sent him to bed immediately and with no complaints. Mark's dad is a notorious bad patient. He has a severe dislike for doctors. I think Dr. Lily changed his outlook. She informed the rest of us that she was going to lay down with him and make sure he was ok.

Here is a shot of the doctor taking good care of her patient.

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs