Thursday, January 24, 2013

Share and share alike

Back in my grandmother's day it was a point of pride to have a stocked recipe box. That box held generations old recipes written in pencil on note cards and filed in said little tin box. Women in families used to talk and cook and laugh and share. Sharing is no longer a part of the way people cook. It is all about "secret" ingredients and photo credits and the like. I am officially here to say that any food items I post on this blog are yours, dear readers. They are yours to tweak, omit ingredients, add a dash of whatever you want or claim as your own. It was so important to the ladies of past generations that they would hand down recipes and cook wonderful food that was meant to be shared and enjoyed. Getting your credit is simply a new way of ruining a great thing. If you are so self-important that you would file a claim regarding a photo of your food then please refrain from trolling my blog. A note to all of you in the dark here, I got a claim filed for not giving the URL to one of my food photos in my "mark approved" entry on this blog. The recipes are all ones I have gleaned from the depths of the internet or recipe books, honed through trial and error and presented to you, my friends. I do not always have my camera strapped to me when cooking with two youngsters traipsing about at my feet. So, for reference, I just pulled some from some other sites. As I know now, that was very bad and could have gotten my blog taken down. I will not do such an egregious act again and I beg forgiveness for my blatant and hurtful transgression.

In summation, I am so happy to have a small but loyal following who view my very occasional post about recipes or cooking. Also, I am more than pleased to tell whomever was offended that they are free to skip my page on their daily readings and go fly a kite instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs