Friday, February 10, 2012

Deliciousness!

I had a task to do. My darling sister took on a project of making our stepmom her favorite dessert, Tiramisu. Tiramisu is not difficult but it does require a few steps, and a lot of uncommon ingredients. Jackster (sisterface) had to get her wisdom teeth pulled so I decided I would take the cake. All puns aside, I truly wanted to take on this monster job and do it well. I also love baking so I thought it would be funsies to try it. 


Here is the finished product.

But, as luck would have it, I had extra espresso and Kahula soaked ladyfingers. So, being the master of the cake bite (thank you, Bakerella) I added the rest of the Mascarpone, mixed it together and voila I had the filling for the truffle. I then melted down some bittersweet chips and dunked away. I added a few sprinkles of cocoa powder and they were finished. I tend to get carried away when experimenting with desserts so I tried out a shard recipe I had seen and also did some doodling with my piping bag on parchment paper. All in all it was a (sorry) sweet success!


1 comment:

  1. Even looking at pictures of your edible art I still drool a little :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs