Monday, October 18, 2010

Antics Abound

Lily and I got to spend an entire day together. We obtained the coveted Halloween costume. For some of you in the know Lily already had a costume. She was going to be Tigger. She has since changed her mind (shocker) since we purchased the DVD Beauty and the Beast. She decided to be Belle in the "lellow" dress. She had me style her hair with it to one side "like when she's comin' down the stairs."

She is so amazingly in tune with her surroundings because she said (and she is correct) that she needs yellow gloves and the white underpart of the dress. It is this minutiae to most that amazes me about my daughter. She is three years old and is aware that she requires a white lace petticoat for beneath her "lellow" dress.

Today we were at Trader Joe's and she said hello to the cashier.
"Hi, little lady. Aren't you pretty?"
"Actually, I'm Lily. I'm three."
"You're smart is what you are."
*Exasperated glance up at me*
"I'm not smart. I'm LILY."

I actually did not manage to keep a straight face and luckily the cashier was a kindly older gentleman who understood the let's call it moxy of a girl like Lily. She is super particular about almost everything in her world.

Jenni and Maranda strolled over this evening to return a plate and Lily heard them coming up the driveway. She was, at that moment, indisposed in the water closet to be discreet. She immediately called for me and gestured that I shut the door. Modesty is finally becoming a trait she is willing to work with in front of guests. This was after Mark flushed the toilet and Lily sat down in front of it refusing to use it until the flushing "completely stops". Honestly, I never thought I would find my child so truly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs