Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home Sick

So Lily and I have been home with a nasty little cold that has taken up in our home. She got it first and I inevitably got the same thing a few days later. She and I share just about everything anyhow so it wasn't a shock. I've been reading my friend Anna Otto's blog lately and it catapulted the idea into my head that maybe I have some funny antics and adorable quotations or maybe even some deep thoughts I could share with all of you. Many of Lily's biggest fans don't get to see her as often as they would like. So, as the keeper of the Lily, I would like to extend this blog to you.

As she is now three, Lily is in full on big girl mode. She will do it herself. You will watch. You will clap and laugh when appropriate. Seriously. She tells a knock-knock joke like this:

"Knock, knock..." she says.
"Who's there?" I ask.
"Bunny."
"Bunny, who?"
"Bunny Rabbit."
....
"Mom, it's a joke. You're supposed to laugh."
*fake laughter*
"Not like that."

She has a gift for being what we lovingly label bossy. She is definitely in charge and if you are under the grossly mistaken impression you were the one calling the shots she will dispel those notions promptly and without any back talk. Not to say she isn't a dear, because she most certainly is that. Yesterday I was coughing in the kitchen and a little voice floats out from the master bedroom asking if I was alright. *melt*


I feel like my daughter is super interesting and funny and I like to think it is genetic. Hopefully all of you appreciate this blog as it will allow me the opportunity to put in writing some of the moments of her life that I would otherwise unfortunately forget with time.

We try to keep things written down and photojournalized. We took a beautiful fall photo session outside of our house yesterday here's a sweet one for my sign off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs