Saturday, October 16, 2010

King of the Castle

I started my new job doing logistics/flow at Target in Hudson. I really like it actually. I work 4am-12:30pm. It affords me the opportunity to have basically only a couple hours without my Lily Bean and gives us some much needed structure in our day to day lives.

Today she was talking to me on the phone on my way home from work and telling me about her day. I asked her if she'd like to make cookies with me when I got home and she agreed wholeheartedly. I walked in the door and she gave me her patented running hug. I began to get into my sweats and settle into being home from a workday at 1pm when Lily came into my room and said the following:

"Mom? Remember you said somethin'?"
"Remember that I said what?"
"Remember you said that we were gonna make some cookies?"
"Yes, Lily, I was just changing into some cookie making clothes."
"Oh... well hurry up, please."

:) It's good to be king... or at least the most favored servant of the ruler of our roost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs