Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's a Windsday

Today was another preschool day and I remembered this time. Yay for mommy. We got out of the house promptly. Both of us were dressed nicely and had our hair done. Unfortunately it wasn't picture day this time. I did however have some things I wanted to post about. I've been struggling to remodel (finish remodeling) our bathroom. So I picked up some dark chocolate paint from the local store and set to work painting the trim on the cabinets and the baseboard radiator. Lily knocked and asked if she could come in. I told her carefully because I was painting. She opened the door, peeked in and said, "Oh, mommy. That's not gonna look pretty. I thought it was white." I told her it was white but that I was repainting it brown. She made a face at me and just said, "Ohhh." I then lost all confidence in my interior decorating skills and had to power through on the hope that I have better design ideas than my three year old.

She was singing Christmas carols with me while we were baking cookies the other night and I kept singing the majority of the phrase and having her finish it.
Me: Dashing through the...
Lily: Snow!
Me: In a one horse open...
Lily: Sleigh!
Me: O'er the fields we...
Lily: Go!
Me: Laughing all the way.
Both: HAHAHAHA!
She then proceeded to sing the entire song from Sleeping Beauty that I sincerely do not know. It is so amazing to hear her memorize these songs and come up with new words and phrases.

Today we hit up Burger King after preschool because she was "so hungry" aka "wanting to play in the Play Land". She was running on empty anyhow after waking up at 6:30 and having a full three hours interacting with her friends and learning about fire safety. She ate a bit then took off like a tiny crazy person into the  multi-colored tubes and slides that smell like feet. She was only in there for about 3 minutes when she emerged with her face in a firm pout and when she reached me she erupted into a full blown sobbing mess.
"What happened, Lily?"
"The boy (tears and more tears) went UP the slide!"
"Did you get hurt?"
"NO!!! He's not 'posed to be goin' up! Only sliding DOWN!"
... at this point she is bawling and I tell her that unless she can calm down we will have to leave. She proceeds to be inconsolable all throughout the packing up of her food and all of our items. We get into the truck and she stops crying and looks at me through red bleary eyes and says,
"Can I have my chicken, please?"
I hand it back to her and look back in the rearview about 2 minutes later and she is asleep, hand in the chicken nuggets box, tears still wet on her face.
Poor little meltdown girl.

1 comment:

  1. Katie -- seriously, so funny. I laughed out loud when I read this, and through laughter, repeated the story to my husband and his best friend. Enjoying your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs